Yogurt Pound Cake ~ Cinnamon and Brown Sugar YUM

I love the feel of "fall" the last couple of mornings! It has got that little "baking" bug of mine getting into full swing. I absolutely LOVE  baking! Whether it is my breads, rolls, biscuits, english muffins, cakes, cookies, casseroles or pizza's - I am addicted to making things from scratch! That is the one thing that I do not like about summer here in the south, I have to refrain from using my oven as much as I can ~ it just gets to hot here to make my AC work that hard. BUT now that it is cooling off in the evenings IT IS TIME to crank that oven back up! Here is a great recipe for a quick and moist pound cake that is sure to please the whole family!

One of the many things I like about baking is I am in control of the ingredients and the flavors. This is a multipurpose recipe that can be used as a base and you can then adjust what ingredients (flavor) you want it to have. In this recipe I made my Cinnamon and Brown sugar filling / topping. You could omit this and substitute Strawberries, Blueberries, Lemon Zest or Keep it with just vanilla flavorings / vanilla beans with a light glaze on top. Of course the nuts go well with any of the flavors!
Lets get started:
Prep time 10 minutes  Baking 45 minutes

Yogurt Pound Cake - Cinnamon and Brown Sugar

3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
1 cup sugar (Substitute 3/4 cup Honey if wanted)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vanilla or plain yogurt (I used my plain ~ homemade)
2  tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

Filling / Topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, blend butter, sugar, eggs, yogurt, baking powder,baking soda and vanilla. Mix on low speed for about 2 minutes. Add in the Flour all at once and continue mixing on medium speed for another 2 minutes. The batter will look light and airy.

Next combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts to make the filling. Or filling / topping of your choice :)

Grease 2 loaf pans and dust it lightly with flour, shaking out excess. Add
half the batter between the two pans. Sprinkle some of the filling over the batter. Add
remaining batter and filling in layers, ending with a little filling on top. I then took a knife and criss crossed the batter together mixing the topping through out the batter.

Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Frost, if desired with a vanilla glaze.
Servings: 12

Enjoy!


#YogurtPoundCake #DIYBaking  #EasyRecipes #Desserts #Homemade

Comments

Popular Posts