Homemade Hair spray ~ Yes EVEN hairspray is easy & frugal!

I have just got to share this recipe with you again. Hairspray is one of those things when you buy it you can spend so much money on it and yet to make it at home is so quick, easy and with ingredients that I know YOU have on hand. Seriously it only took me a few minutes tops and I KNOW that the cost is Under .25 for about 5 ounces!! Crazy! I have been using this for about a year now and my only wish was that I had found out sooner!







I stumbled upon this amazing recipe about a year ago and I must admit when I first saw this post I thought it may be a problem with attracting bee's. Since I am highly allergic to stings I had to think on this hard and long. This is another reason I chose to use my sandalwood essential oil instead of a flower / sweet scent. After I made it though I realized the alcohol smell offsets the sweet smell and the alcohol scent disappears as it dries. I had a very light earthy / woody smell from the sandalwood which is SO MUCH better than any of the salon bought sprays.
 It looks like it is yet again another keeper from my amazing "homemade" guru aka  onegoodthingbyjillee.com

Hair Spray - yes hair spray and when you see how awesome this is for yourself, you won' be laughing at me any more ;) and you can thank me uhhh I mean Jillee for saving you all that money :)

You will need

Fine Mist spray bottle - required
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tsp Sugar
2 TBS Rubbing alcohol
Essential oil - I used 3 drops of sandalwood      

Get your water hot enough to dissolve the sugar then pour into your spray bottle, add in the Rubbing alcohol and essential oils of your choice, shake to mix. DONE!
I used my measuring cup for the mixing which also made it easy to pour into my spray bottle. I use a fine grain sugar and it dissolved with hot water from my tap, if you have a coarser grained sugar you may need to heat the water on the stove or in microwave a little.

**Tips from Jillee's stated to make sure you use a fine mist sprayer and let the spray dry completely between sprays. I only sprayed mine one time and I have very thick hair, it holds all day and into the night. Simply amazing! Who would have thought it could be so simple, so economical and so good!! Seriously I KNOW the cost is under .25 for about 5 oz.!!

 This is a change we can all live with, that leaves us with a lot of spare change!

Enjoy!

#beautytips #homemadehairspray #DIYHairspray  #frugal  #sustainableliving

Comments

Popular Posts