Pain relieving oil ~ All natural, fast acting!

Do you suffer from painful arthritis or muscle spasms? Whether your pain comes from simply overworking yourself or you experience arthritic pain there are natural options to help you overcome that nagging, constant pain. I started my journey of researching natural pain relief, using essential oils about a year ago. I literally stumbled upon a secret little ingredient when using that "miracle" essential oil in another one of my homemade recipes. It literally blew me away how effective it was for the pain and muscle spasms. Who would have thought?!? Honestly the more I learn and use my "oils" the more I wonder how I lived so long without them! Other than this Pain relieving blend being all natural, it is also quite potent and a LITTLE goes a long way. There is no need to slather it on as if it were Icy Hot!

 My husbands constant pain and swelling in his knee's is what inspired me to find an alternative. I was always having to stop at the drugstore and get more tubes of the Extra Strength Arthritis Ben gay or Icy Hot and that stuff gets expensive! The Last time he went in to his Ortho and got shots in his knee's which usually last about 6 months the Dr. told him he needed to have surgery. Needless to say he was less than thrilled with that and the more he talked to people that had it done the more he realized he DID NOT want to do that. I started researching all I could find on the Essential Oils and made a mental note as well as a spreadsheet (lol) on what each of their properties were. I cited sources for myself to go back to as well as medical journals and studies. I looked at the ingredient labels of the pain relieving creams which show that the main ingredients are "Camphor" and "Menthol". I made sure I noted the maximum strengths ~ as I did not want to poison us.I then researched if that amount was truly the "maximum" amount and why. A word of caution here "JUST BECAUSE ESSENTIAL OILS ARE NATURAL DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE SAFE AT UNLIMITED OR HIGH DOSAGES" Camphor is one of those oils!
I continued researching online for what others were using, what worked, what did not.  During this whole process I made an essential oil blend for one of my granddaughters who was having problems staying "focused" at school. It was with that blend that I found that miracle little ingredient. The one that was the antispasmodic. It was her asking for more of it after that first time because it helped her back and hips to stop hurting (her hips were hyper extended in a bad accident). So there I had it, I was ready to make this pain relieving oil and try it out! I gathered my notes again, prayed a LOT on what to use and to let it be effective.



What you will need:

10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil                9.80%
8 Drops Rosemary  Essential Oil               7.84%
6 Drops Peppermint  Essential Oil               5.88%
5 Drops Clove Essential Oil                       4.90%
5 Drops Blue Tansy Essential Oil               4.90%
3 Drops Camphor Essential Oil               2.94% ** Do not exceed 3%
5 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil               4.90%
1 Tbsp         Grapeseed oil or Coconut oil      58.82%

                                                    100.00%

A roller bottle for easy storage and use directly on the site or a covered container.

Putting this together is really easy. I used the grapeseed oil, because I wanted to be able to control the limit the amount that I put on to a 5-6 drops. It also works very well  in the Coconut oil and because the Coconut turns to a solid when it is stored below 74 degrees it makes a great cream. I do urge caution though (preaching to the choir here ME) that with a creamy ointment I seem more inclined to use more, rather than when it is in  a liquid form.

If you use the Grapeseed oil, just simply measure out the oils and drop into your bottle, shake well and use SPARINGLY. If you choose to use the Coconut oil, warm it in the microwave to get it liquid ~ being careful not to get it to hot, you just want it melted. Next add in your oils, mix well and put into a covered container. When it cools it will become a creamy solid.


I have been using this since this spring and it works wonderfully on my pulled muscles and helps to stop the muscle spasm's and the shooting pain they can cause. My husband also uses it on his knee's and reports that it really does help! The ultimate testimony was when a friend stopped by and was having some horrible pain in their neck into their arm (confirmed disc and nerve damage ~ not heart related) and he got out the oil and told them to rub it on where it was hurting and said "IT really works!"

I keep this oil in the little re purposed bottle as well as keeping some in one of my roll on bottles to carry in my purse for quick portable relief always at my fingertips.



I am not a Dr. or a health care provider. I am not giving you medical advice, I am just a Wife, Mother and Grandmother who wants to help her family in their daily lives using natural recipes. I enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that we do not have to stop at the drugstore every time and pay out a LOT of money for fancy packaging and advertising campaigns. I have slowly built up my supply of essential oils and now have quite a substantial / diverse selection. They can be expensive and the bottles are small, but since you only use a few drops each time most of these will last you a VERY long time. By my making my own personal hygiene items, Cleaning & Laundry products I have saved an enormous amount of money and used that to purchase my oils, which in turn has saved me even more :)  

#PainRelief  #PainRelievingOil  #IcyHotSubstitute  #EssentialOils  #FastAndFrugal


* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. If you are not familiar with using essential oils, please contact your health care provider & discuss your health and the benefits before using any of these oils. 
:Please remember that essential oils are VERY Potent. You must keep them out of the reach of children and animals. Certain oils should not be used by pregnant women or others with certain other medical conditions. Only you and your healthcare provider can determine if these are safe for you to use.

Comments

Popular Posts