Luxurious Soft Soap - Homemade and Frugal

Aromatherapy at its BEST!!  An amazingly easy and cost effective way to make your own moisturizing "soft soap" for a fraction of the cost of store bought. The clove and lemon essential oil combination packs it punch with Antibacterial, Antifungal & Anti-Viral!! I am thrilled at how this turned out. I have been making my own soaps & cleaning supplies for quite sometime now, and I must confess, this is a great variation of my Oatmeal body wash.  

Items you will need:    

3 bars of  Dove Soap (or generic) grated 
6 cups Water
2 TBS Coconut oil - Organic, extra virgin
20 drops of Essential oils - 10 each  Clove & Lemon


Take 3 bars of Dove (I used Dollar Generals generic at .40 per bar) grate with a cheese grater. Put in a medium sauce pan with 6 cups of water and "cook" over medium heat, stirring until melted (about 20 minutes) add 2 TBS Coconut oil (you can use any organic oil like olive or grapeseed, vitamin E oil, or vegetable glycerin). Once it has all melted add in 20 drops of essential oils for scent and healing properties. Tonight I used 10 drops each of clove and lemon essential oils.... HEAVEN! Both of these oils have antibacterial, anti fungal, anti viral properties and are good for your respiratory system... an added bonus during flu season :)  I figured this recipe cost me less than 1.75  for 48 fluid ounces! Compare that to the 16 - 20 oz bottles!!  This is a change we can all live with. Feel free to experiment with any scent you wish.

Make sure you only use Dove or the generic equivalent otherwise the water soap ratio will not work. It will turn out too thick. It must be a moisturizing bar. 

Comments

Popular Posts