Essential Hand Sanitizer




With the flu season in full swing (already) I wanted to share with you a MUST HAVE for your purse, car and children's book bags. It is super easy to make homemade hand sanitizer, it is all natural, super fast and VERY economical to make! Did I mention it literally can be done in just a few minutes!! The best part of this is that it is actually good for you, moisturizes your skin and is more effective in fighting off the germs BEFORE they infiltrate your body than the antibiotics you would have to take to get rid of the crud!







I have chosen to use a combination of 4 Essential oils known for their antibacterial properties against many strains of bacteria including those which cause E-coli, Pneumonia and strep throat to name a few. I also use these oils in my "air freshner" bottle and mist my home with this daily as well as my pillows! It smells wonderful, keeps the head and lungs clear and I must say I have been surrounded by neighbors and co-workers getting sick and we are all well! THANK GOD :)  i hate being sick lol!  Lets get you started to your path of wellness AND softer hands :)

Essential Hand Sanitizer:   

Repurposed bottles with pump
1/3 Cup Aloe Vera - 100% pure (I get mine at walmart.com during the summer for 3.00/16 oz)
2/3 Cup of  Water
1 TBS Coconut oil
3 TBS rubbing alcohol 91% (helps to emulsify the essential oils)
10 Drops each of  Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil & Eucalyptus Oil

I make one large master recipe by using a repurposed dish liquid  bottle. The spout makes for easy distribution into my hand pump bottles, plus I always have extra on hand to use as a refill when needed.  FIRST  add in your Alcohol and essential oils - the alcohol will help to emulsify the essential oils so you will not feel so oily..Now measure in your aloe vera , coconut oil & water. Put the lid on and shake for 10-15 seconds and you are done!
 I love using this, especially in the winter when we are always washing our hands! It is nice that I can put on hand sanitizer between washes that doubles as a light lotion to moisturize my hands.
 Ahh that IS a change we can all live   H E A L T H Y  with!

Here is a link from Oxford Journals on a study they did over a decade ago showing the antibacterial properties of some essential oils. The interesting fact is this study also included strains that were Penicillian resistant!  Using this combination in a steam vaporizer helps to not only put humidity into the air and relieve your cough, but it also washes the air. 

Be sure to click here & check out some of our other great homemade recipes!  you can also follow me on Pinterest



Comments

Popular Posts