Soft Scrub - Homemade "Green" cleaner


Saturday started off AS soon as my feet hit the floor. I got my coffee, which is a REQUIREMENT for any morning ;) then set out to making 2 gallons of my Homemade laundry soap. After that I decided I was going to add a new twist to my cleaning arsenal of homemade products. I "need" a new soft scrub for my showers, sinks, stove and such. I usually use "Bon Ami" or my trusty baking soda as a scratch free scrub, but I just felt like I needed more. I needed some scent to it, after all if I  HAVE to clean my stove and oven I might as well enjoy the journey today, right? Not that I did not have any of my current scrubs available, but I reasoned to myselft .... if I "had" to make a batch first I could further delay the task. LOL  After researching various recipes over the last few weeks, some I have tried in the past and some peaked my interest I settled on partially improvising one that I found on onegoodthingbyjillee.com   This is a really easy recipe and only took a few minutes to make AND I had everything in my pantry.



Homemade Soft Scrub - "green and antibacterial"


3/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup Dawn Dish soap *  (I substituted this, Jill used Dr. Bronners Citrus Orange Soap - which would be better for someone who has sensitive skin because it is a olive oil based soap**)
1 Tablespoon water
10-15 drops of tea tree oil (I used 10 and it was perfect, not to strong of a scent)
1 Tablespoon vinegar (I added about another TBS during the day as my cleaning frenzy continued as it did seem to get thicker the longer it sat in my bottle)


In a medium to large sized bowl, combine the baking soda and Dawn soap. It will resemble a very thick paste at this point, but a very pretty blue ;) Add the water and tea tree oil and stir with a fork.
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS ORDER!

After the first 3 ingredients are well mixed, SLOWLY add the vinegar. The mixture will bubble up because of the chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar. Remember this if you add more Vinegar to dilute it later on!!
Transfer to a re purposed dish soap container, I put mine in one of my dawn soap containers, it is perfect for storing squeezing it out on the sponge. Now I had to clean, I actually wanted to clean the stove, but first I tested it on my stainless steel sink - Home Run! it was great and the smell permeated through out my house. It worked awesome on my shower, stove and oven and I even squeezed some out when I washed my cast iron pan that some man left sitting with hardened fried egg goo in, I am sure none of you ever had that happen :) it was awesome and it does not ruin the cure on the pan either! Then I mopped the floor in my bathroom and the toilet. This is the Miracle cleaner and did I mention it makes the whole house smell clean!
The Tea tree oil is the "bang" my cleaner needed. It is one of the essential oils that really is "ESSENTIAL"  to have on hand. So many uses and benefits and so little time! It is definitely a change we can all live with!



Before above / After Below


After  - you will have to search the previous blogs to find the embarrassing  "before"








Comments

Popular Posts