It sure is Monday!

It seems that I find myself spending entirely too much time looking for that next quest, the next item to conquer... Just one more "new" recipe to try out. No, I am not looking for what to cook for dinner, but rather what kind of concoction to try next in my arsenal of home made cleaners, personal hygiene items, garden pest solutions - you name it, ALL is fair game!  I have 2 items to share with you, one I have been using for years but just recently traded in my tried and true "old" main ingredient. My after shower skin softener. The 2nd one is a new recipe that I tried out yesterday "all natural Hair spray" and I am HOOKED! Both are super easy to make and items that you most likely already have on hand!

My after Shower skin softener is made to be put on Before you dry off - it then mixes with the water and gives you incredibly soft skin that keeps conditioning through out the day!

Skin is Soft 

What you will need is
1 spray bottle (a fine mister is preferable but any work)
2 oz Aloe Vera - 100% pure
2 oz Water
4 oz Olive Oil - I use extra virgin because that is what I buy by the gallons :)
Essential oils of your preference  - I like the rose or lavender 2-5 drops depending on the strength of the scent you want.
Place the water and aloe in the bottle, shake well to mix up. Add the olive oil and essential oil. Shake again to mix. After showering spritz your body with this mixture, rub in & dry off as normally. Ahhh time to relax. That is it!  A small safety tip - I make sure to stand on a towel as the oil WILL make a tile floor / shower / tub extremely slippery and WE do not want to get hurt when we are getting beautiful!

The old ingredient I used was baby oil for years so you can use that instead of the olive oil. I just have no use for it anymore, I certainly cannot cook with it, so it just makes sense for me to use something that is multi purpose, I readily have on hand and it is good for me whether on my skin or in my food.

Next amazingly easy to make, items are usually readily on hand and it takes literally less than a couple of minutes start to finish. I used this yesterday before Church and I must say last night my hair was still holding!
 It looks like it is yet again another keeper from my amazing "homemade" guru aka  onegoodthingbyjillee.com

Hair Spray - yes hair spray and when you see how awesome this is for yourself, you won' be laughing at me any more ;) and you can thank me uhhh I mean Jillee for saving you all that money :)

You will need

Fine Mist spray bottle - required
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tsp Sugar
2 TBS Rubbing alcohol
Essential oil - I used 3 drops of sandalwood

Get your water hot enough to dissolve the sugar, stir in the Rubbing alcohol put in spray bottle once cooled off. DONE!
I used my measuring cup for the mixing which also made it easy to pour into my spray bottle. I use a fine grain sugar and it dissolved with water from my tap, if you have a coarser grained sugar you may need to heat the water on the stove or in microwave a little.
**Tips from Jillee's stated to make sure you use a fine mist sprayer and let the spray dry completely between sprays. I only sprayed mine one time and I have very thick hair, it held all day and into last night. Simply amazing! Who would have thought it could be so simple, so economical and so good!!

I must admit when I first saw this about a month or two ago I thought it may be a problem with attracting bee's. Since I am highly allergic to stings I had to think on this hard and long. Another reason I also chose to use my sandalwood essential oil instead of a flower / sweet scent. After I made it though I realized the alcohol smell offsets the sweet smell and disappears as it dries. I had a very light earthy / woody smell from the sandalwood which is SO MUCH better than any of the salon bought sprays. This is a change we can all live with, that leaves us with a lot of spare change!


Comments

Popular Posts