Homemade Chapstick All Natural & .05 per tube!

I am so excited this morning! I finally got to try a new recipe that I have been wanting to do for the LONGEST time. Homemade Chapstick! The Best part??? It was about .70 for the batch of 13! That is .05 per tube!! Talk about procrastinating, I keep the items on hand so I am not sure why I never tried this before now, it is SO SIMPLE! It only requires 3
all natural items, 5 if you want to add flavoring and a little sweetness. The recipe gave me 13 tubes, took only 5 minutes AND everyone is now set with a spare tube, plus a few to give to friends!




I seriously see the ladies and children in my life getting these as stocking stuffers this year! I have peppermint and cinnamon flavorings which will give a nice Christmas smell to these. Add a little layered color and walaaa.
What I love most about this is it is all natural. The Coconut oil has so many benefits to our overall health & can be used for many MANY homemade items including lotion,deodorant and toothpaste. The Shea butter is a natural healer of dry skin & absorbs quickly. The Bees Wax pellets provide a natural barrier to lock in moisture while helping to repair the damage caused by the sun and wind.

Homemade Chapstick


1 Tbsp 100% pure Coconut oil
1 Tbsp Shea Butter
1 Tbsp Bees wax pellets
6 drops *Candy flavoring of your choice - Optional
1 Tsp of *Honey or 2-3 packs of stevia - Optional



Melt the oils together in a microwave safe measuring cup with spout 30 seconds at a time until the bees wax is completely melted. Add in your flavorings and sweetner if using and mix well. I added honey and bubblegum flavoring for my granddaughters.  Pour into your lipstick tubes carefully filling to the top. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Clean up is a breeze with hot water and soap. But WAIT before you wash out the remnants of oil that oil from your measuring cup, do your hands and face a favor - gently rub it on your face and hands. Let it soak in for a few minutes ~ you will be amazed at the difference you can see and feel.

This makes 13 each .15 oz tubes and keeps your lips smooth and hydrated.
#DIYLipGloss  #DIYChapstick #Homemade  #FrugalLiving

Comments

Popular Posts