Fabric Softener - Fast & Fabulous!

I am one of those people who absolutely loves to wash clothes. I love the smell of clean laundry, the satisfaction of getting the clothes clean no matter what gross items my family throws in the green as possible AND they must smell good without all of the chemicals! That is what is so great about this recipe.... It is quite simple, 3 items and one of those is water!
laundry pile! Folding clothes...... well that is something I have to work on lol ;0)  That is going to have to be another post for another day (or year). I have two  criteria when doing my laundry, the items I use have to be as

I have tried a few variations of the homemade fabric softeners and even just used Vinegar, water and essential oils. The problem with that is that I ABSOLUTELY love my essential oils and use them for so many healing and personal hygiene items I really just hate using them in my laundry rinse water. Believe me it smells great, but on the frugal side of it you can spend a lot of money on them and to me they are just to precious :)

This recipe is quick, easy and extremely frugal and will make 1 gallon of fabric softener.

Here is what you will need:
15 - 16 oz bottle of hair conditioner - *I use Suave or White Rain - whatever is on sale for close to 1.00
5 cups of White Vinegar
9 Cups of Water
Re-purposed Gallon container - an old fabric softener bottle, Milk or juice jugs work wonderful!

Heat the conditioner in the microwave for about 30 seconds to get it warm, it helps in mixing it with the water. Put Warm water in your re-purposed container, add warmed conditioner and then add in the vinegar. Shake to mix well. Use 1 capful just as you would for your name brand. The great thing about this other than the cost being less than 2.00 for a gallon is that you can make it any scent you want. Clean smelling laundry always makes me feel like a 
                                       This is a change we can all live with!
What ever your favorite scent of the hair conditioner is, get that. As a variation I have also used fresh rosemary and boiled it in the water to make a tea, Fresh basil, rose petals and as I mentioned earlier I have used my essential oils 10-15 drops of your favorite scent. Experiment, Have fun and save money!

I would love to hear from you, any variations that you have found and that have worked. I am always in search of new items to make :)
Share and Follow me on pinterest
Please like my page on Facebook

Comments

Popular Posts