Hair Conditioner - Homemade and Ridiculously Easy!

I have finally done it! I tried one of the most touted about all natural hair conditioners in your pantry! I have been making my own shampoo for over a year now and absolutely love it. I have tried different variations of it and all are good. They are economical, fun to make and they save a BOATLOAD of money!! Since switching to the homemade version of shampoo, not often do I need any conditioner since I use olive oil in my poo, but occasionally over the winter I would break down and use some for extra help in keeping the static out of my hair. I just do not like all of the harmful chemicals in the store bought versions. I prefer to be frugal and NOT put more chemicals in me or on me than I absolutely have to :).

This miracle ingredient is used for many purposes in my cleaning supplies. It helps to restore the ph balance, it is a natural disinfectant and removes soap build up. It can be used in your laundry to stop static cling and remove excess soap, used in your dishwasher soap to disinfect and remove hard water stains on your dishes. You can rinse your new clothes in it to help the colors to set in and keep them from bleeding. You use it to preserve your garden veggies, heck you can even use it to wash / soak your store bought veggies to remove chemicals from them. It is good for your digestive system. The list just goes on and on! What is this MIRACLE ingredient? APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!
The one thing that probably kept me from making the conditioner is that I also use this ingredient in my shampoo because of all the good things and my hair has never been better! The one reason I did decide to try it is "why not" if it makes no difference to the shine, bounce or managebility it is no big deal - it literally only costs about .03 per 8 oz. bottle! Yes that is correct .03!!
Lets do this so you can go and enjoy it! What you will need are

Squeeze bottle - I used a "Ketchup" condiment bottle from the dollar store. I bought this because all of my other repurposed bottles are currently in use :(  :)

Homemade Hair Conditioner

2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
8 oz Water
3 drops Rosemary Essential oil
3 drops Peppermint Essential oil

Measure and fill the bottle with the water, add in the vinegar and add essential oils of your choice. I chose the peppermint and rosemary and what a glorious scent combination that was! Not to mention the healing properties of both :)
Shake before each use, wash hair as usual. Rinse well and then squirt throughout your hair, work in. You can let it sit in your hair while you wash and then rinse out. The peppermint gives a refreshing cool feeling as it works into your scalp and you know with summer being here I can see this as an added plus! Now this is a change we can all live with!
I was amazed at the difference my hair had the minute I felt my hair! It combed out so easily, it was actually slick feeling. Now that I think about it, I can see where this would be a huge help to those who have naturally oily hair and soap build up. It could be the cure for those who have an adjustment period when they go "no poo".
I would love to hear from you how it works for you and also for you to share your idea's and recipes.





Comments

Popular Posts