Pigs - Processed and in the freezer


Saturday we processed 2 Hogs that I raised since the Early Spring of 2017. What a blessing and a huge savings on meat. A conservative estimate of savings from raising them ourselves and then processesing them is $1,500.00 for the amount of meat that we harvested - that includes the money I spent on feed. Not a bad weekend at all! 



I am thankful for all of this good looking #bacon, I have curing with brown sugar, Maple flavoring and Salt.















The 4 qts. so far of pork stock that I was able to get done Saturday evening. 














Soup bones for future batches of stock, after smoking the meat. 









A freezer full of meat and plenty of fat back for seasoning, smoking, lard and soap making! 





I still need to process the sausage this week about 40# (I love sausage), but oh how good that will be 
I wish I had 2 more days off now to rest!







Comments

Popular Posts