No Bake Cheesecake Bars Quick and easy!

With the heat wave being in full swing here in the Southeast and a massive cheesecake sweet tooth nagging at me for the last week, I started looking high and low for a no bake version of my FAVORITE dessert. Then I remembered I had seen a recipe on my Knox Gelatin box for a no bake version of cheesecake! 

Now to get that box! This is a very simple recipe and can be used for either a plan no bake cheese cake or a more sophisticated layered cheesecake with Fudge or Fruits. I chose to make some blueberry cheesecake bars. My husbands favorite fruit.


It literally only took about 15 minutes to assemble and mix. The hard part is now I am trying to stay busy until it chills and sets in the fridge so I can have some. I modified the recipe to fit my taste. Come to think of it, I do not think I have EVER fully followed a recipe for at least 30 years lol!

No-Bake Cheesecake Bars


2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream or half & half
1/2 tbs unflavored gelatin - 1 Pk Knox
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 TBS Honey

Crust:
2 cups Honey Bunches of oats or graham cracker crumbs
5 tbs butter, melted

Cinnamon

Topping of your choice:
1 can (21 oz) blueberry (or any flavor you like) pie filling

I used my homemade Blueberry pie filling from last summers canning madness!

Take the whipping cream and sprinkle the gelatin over it and leave sit for about 5 minutes. Now microwave on high for about 30 seconds to warm it up and mix in the gelatin. Set aside

I softened the Cream cheese in my microwave for about 30 seconds and put in my mixer. 

Melt the butter in the microwave about 20 seconds. Set aside.

I used Honey bunches of oats instead of Graham crackers and I only partially mashed them up. Pour over the bottom of your dish.  I evenly poured my melted butter on top of the cereal then sprinkled a light layer of cinnamon -  set aside.
 I used a 9 x 13 pyrex but use a smaller dish if you want your cream cheese to be a thick layer. For a regular cheesecake thickness I would double this recipe for the 9*13 baking dish I used.

Mix the cream cheese on high along with the now ready cream / gelatin mixture, Sugar, Honey and vanilla. Mix for a few minutes but watch it closely if you use whipping cream because you do NOT want it to turn to butter you just want it to start forming light peaks.

Pour over your cereal  mixture and spread evenly.

Top with your favorite fruit pie topping or fresh fruits. I used my homemade blueberry pie filling. 

Put in refrigerator and allow to chill before serving. Cut into bars and enjoy!  It was a huge hit, so light and fluffy. The Honey / Cinnamon taste in the crust was more pronounced than with a graham cracker crust. 



#nobakecheesecake #easyrecipes #frugalkitchens #diy #desserts #quickdesserts #cheesecake #blueberrycheesecake 



Comments

Popular Posts