Body Butter part #2 Dry Skin relief - All natural

I made (Experimented) the most amazing body cream this past week. I must admit I have totally outdone my self :)  I have always had "alligator" skin, it just loves to soak up moisture. I had never realized in my youth just what the "vaseline" type lotions contained in them, GROSS! So I set out about a year ago to swear off my beloved lotions and start "greening" up my life. From Personal Hygiene items to Laundry and home cleaners I have done a complete makeover, and the benefits to my overall health have been astounding. The results are so dramatic it makes me feel like

I have posted before my other recipes for Body Butter and after shower spritzes but this one is now my "Favorite". The other ones worked, but just did not seem to soak in quickly, leaving me to feel like I needed to wipe off the excess... may have been the olive oil. This one soaks in completely and leaves my skin "glistening" and who does not need a little shimmer in their life :)
This recipe is a trial size - a couple of ounces, so feel free to make a larger batch by double or tripling the measurements. I use organic items and you can buy most of these items from (the exceptions are listed with source) Swansonvitamins.com  I get my beeswax pellets from Amazon.com, the pure aloe vera, I order online from Walmart.com it is 100% pure and cost is about 3.00 per bottle. 3 Bottles have lasted me since last fall and I use it in A LOT of my recipes, including hand sanitizer, lotions and even hair gel!

Body Butter part # 2 - All Natural

3 TBS Coconut oil
1 TBS Cocoa Butter
1 Tsp Beeswax Pellets
1TBS Grapeseed oil (you could use jojoba also)
3 TBS Aloe vera - pure 100%
10 - 15 drops of Essential oil of your choice for scenting

Melt the Coconut oil, Cocoa Butter and beeswax pellets in a double boiler, or on VERY LOW heat in a regular sauce pan. This only takes about 30 - 45 seconds. Remove from heat, add in the remaining ingredients, stir well and put into your container. Let me know what you think of this!

Comments

Popular Posts