Body Butter - Essential for dry skin

Winter is here with her fury..... and so is my DRY skin! I love the sound of a crackling fire in my wood burning stove, the warm air circling through out my house as I settle in for a relaxing night, and the smell of burning oak. All of this comes with a hefty price, my "alligator skin" gets even worse! There are so many different recipes online to try and many do work, at least for awhile. But many will leave you with oily skin which can be a real problem for a lot of us. I need something that absorbs quickly and helps to heal and seal my skin from further damaging dryness. I have a treat to re-share with you today. I posted this "all natural body butter' recipe about a year ago and it still impresses me as much as when I first tried it.



So what is this all natural body butter?  It is extremely easy to make, only requires 3 ingredients, a mixer and about 8 minutes of your time! This recipe will make about 3 - 4 oz jars, enough for you and a few to give to your friends! It is extremely cost effective as well. The recipe cost me only 7.25 which is about the cost of only one jar without all the chemicals and preservatives.


 This is a must try..... Lets get started! 

Body Butter - Essential for dry skin

7 oz. Shea butter
2.5 oz  Coconut oil
2 Tbsp Beeswax pellets
15 - 30 drops Essential oils of your choice I used Rose EO
Electric mixer 
3 re-purposed containers

Melt the bees wax pellets with the Coconut oil. Put your Shea Butter in the mixer (do not melt) Slowly mix in the melted coconut oil & beeswax into the shea butter and allow to mix for 7-8 minutes on medium high. Once the lotion is a butter consistency add in your essential oils and mix for another minute or so. That is it!! The consistency stays the same and does not harden or separate.  

I absolutely love my Essential oils! They have so many wonderful therapeutic properties! Experiment with your favorite scents.
Make sure you educate yourself on the safe use of essential oils as they are very concentrated. There are some essential oils that should not be used by people with serious health problems so make sure to consult with your health care provider with any questions or concerns before using.
You can double or triple the batches to share with others. This is a change we can all live with!

#BodyButter   #DIYLotions  #GreenLiving   #FrugalLiving


Comments

Popular Posts