Kitchen Aid mixer - Almost 20 years old

It was a sad day in my kitchen, my long time assistant chef and maker of all things good - decided she needed a rest.


For close to 20 years, we have been through it all together! She has helped me put up 1000’s of pounds of food from my gardens while never complaining, squeaking or stoping for a rest. She has assisted me in grinding up meat for burgers and sausage from untold numbers of hogs and deers over the years, many times working til the wee hours of the morning to get the job done. She has made desserts, birthday cakes, butter, whipped cream, breads and puddings, she has grated cheese and had hot tomatoes poured in her to juice for sauces and salsas. She has even helped with jams, jellies, hot sauces, ketchups and salsa verde. Her banana bread is a household staple. I just can’t believe I have to say goodbye, I know “they don’t make them like they used to.” And that scares me. I guess I will have to perform an autopsy on her in the morning to see if she is really gone, or can be revived!




#trulyakitchenAID #lovecookingformyfamily #kitchenaidstandmixers #sustainableliving #moneywellspent

Comments

Popular Posts